Stress is a constant in my life, but as I get older I realize I can’t avoid certain situations and there will always be “drama” in my life. But how I react is within my control. I’m not sure about you, but most of the time when I’m stressed, it’s easy to panic. However, I’ve developed a few coping mechanisms. As you know green and natural living are very important to me so my tips below are all natural-oriented. Here are my top five ways to relieve stress:
Ways to Relieve Stress
1) Take a Break. When my mind is racing I find a short break often helps me focus. When the weather is nice this means I take Lulu out for a walk. We might only go around the block, but it’s usually enough time and sunshine to clear my mind and help me focus again. If taking a walk isn’t option I’ll stop and do some stretches. Spinal twists, hip openers and forward folds are my favorites.
2) Take a Bath. I used to think baths were for children. I hadn’t taken one in years myself. I changed that this winter. When the temps outside were cold I decided to try something different. I drew a warm bath. It was wonderfully relaxing! Taking a warm bath at the end of a long day is an easy way to relieve stress. I like to add epsom salt to the water along with a few drops of lavender oil, which is a calming scent.
3) Incorporate Daily Exercise. Depending on my mood, I might take a hot powerful flow yoga class to really get my sweat on and challenge my body. Other times, if I’m really exhausted from a long day I’ll take a slow flow or yoga nidra class. These classes are more gentle on my mind and body, yet provide healthy movement. Of course there are many other ways to exercise outside of yoga. Find “your” exercise and make a longer 30 to 60-minute workout part of your daily routine to aid with stress relief!
4) Drink Chamomile Tea. Another one of my favorite bedtime routines is drinking chamomile tea. Made from chamomile flowers, which naturally promote relaxation, this tea is mild and calming. It’s a great bedtime routine to start and I especially enjoy the tea in the winter.
5) Aid Sleep Naturally. Sometimes your body is tired but your mind won’t shut down. Isn’t that the worst? I recently tried RESCUE Sleep Liquid Melts. The melts look like tiny pills. You just take one before bed and it melts on your tongue in seconds. The melts are 100% natural, homeopathic and non-habit forming. RESCUE products have been helping people stress less, stay in control and stay calm since 1930.
Ways to Relieve Stress
You can easily use these ways to relieve stress.
What do you do to manage stress?
Disclosure: I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and received compensation in exchange for writing a blog post about my experience. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own.