Sometimes I am really good at writing up inspiring, thought-provoking topical posts. This week is not one of them. Instead I’ll give you a list of what’s going on over. This week I feel like a blog reader. Eager to read your blogs and comment. Not so much writing going on over here.
1) National Running Day. It was Wednesday. I ran. Would you expect anything less? 4 miles in 42:54. It was hot out. Like wanted to quit and walk 10x hot. I didn’t though. Ran with “SH” and “RO” from run group. I’ll call it the “quiet run.” I say that because after about mile 2 we all stopped talking. We were so hot. No words could explain. I kid you not I drank water like a mad woman for the 24-hours before this run and I was still CRAZY dehydrated afterward.
2) Sunburn. It’s not fun. I do not recommend it. I went to opening day at our apartment complex pool on Monday and scorched myself. Somehow after all winter you think that 40 minutes in the sun is “just enough.” Well it was too much. If you do burn yourself, I 100% recommend this stuff: Burt’s Bees After Sun Smoother. Works wonders. It’s like $10 at your local Target or drugstore. Buy it. It will soothe the burn with aloe and keep your skin from peeling off. I also recommend that if you burn your shoulders, you wear a tube top bra. Skip the straps. They kill.
3) Green Tea. Love it. I am on a kick. I bought a 40-pack of green tea from Meijer like 6 months ago. Drank some hot. Hated it. Now I learned I should only steep it for 1-2 minutes, otherwise it gets bitter. I am drinking it iced. I drink it for breakfast. I drink it at lunch. I drink it mid-afternoon. Evening. You get the idea. Try some.
4) Haircut. I need one bad. I called and my stylist is becoming so popular that she is booking like crazy. Like the only appointment I could get was four weeks out. Good for her. Bad for me. My hair is going crazy. I am trying to tame it with gel and a ponytail. This will be the best haircut ever.
5) Yoga. I’m all over it. I purchased a $70 voucher for LOTUS Yoga and Wellness Gallery here in Fort Wayne. It will buy me 10 classes. That may seem like a lot, but it was actually the best deal I could find here. My gym class was going to go for another session if I were to sign up and pay again, but I decided to try something more at my availability. This way I can take a class when my schedule allows. Going tomorrow for another Vinyasa Flow class.
6) Salads. My favorite topping right now is sweet corn. I boil it then cool it off. Cut it off the cob and throw it on my salad. I am also liking cold cooked whole wheat pasta thrown in there. And some salad supreme sprinkled on top.
7) Race Photos. I love it when like 5 or 10 days or whatever, after a race I remember “Hey, I should look for photos.” Low and behold the folks with the Pie Run 5K posted a race photo slide show online. Now folks this is NOT top quality photo here but you can tell very clearly that is me. I am reaching for the stop button on my watch. The husband is in the background with his hand on his hips. “Where is my wife at? It’s time to leave.”
8) Toned Arms. I am working it over here. Photos to come soon. I totally should have taken a before and after. But I have worked my way up from the free weights to the big boy. The curl bar. The one I’ve been using weighs 25 pounds and I’m ready to add some weights to the ends, believe it or not. I use it to do bicep curls, tricep dips and some other stuff I don’t even know what it’s called. Raises? And then I push the bar to the ceiling.