Today my blog editorial calendar told me I should write about an idea I had to discuss heel-striking vs mid-foot striking in running. Riveting. At the time, of course, it sounded like a much more exciting post. Today, not so much. I’ve been feeling stuck this week. Losing traction, not moving forward. I realized it was probably a good time to step back and reflect on where I’m at right now.
• Networking. A necessary evil. I’m trying hard to meet networking goals this year for my writing business but my gosh, this is really tough. Networking should feel natural but I tend to always feel like I’m forcing it. I hope it becomes easier over time and I also hope to recognize better where there are opportunities to spend my time on, and where there are not.
• Health. One of my friends lost her father-in-law this week to a sudden heart attack. So sad. I couldn’t help but be reminded of how fleeting life on earth can be. How important it is to take care of our bodies as best we can, and how thankful I need to be for being alive and breathing today.
• Saving Money. I’m feeling especially inspired to be extra “gazelle intense” this year financially, ala. Dave Ramsey. I’m striving to find joy in sacrificing for the here and now, in exchange for a better future. You never know when something unexpected financially is going to happen. Along the same note, I was giddy to recently find a lower-priced electrical service provider using the PUCO Apples to Apples resource.
• Disappointment. I’m going to chalk this up to Polar Vortex 2.0 but I’ve been feeling very let down by friends lately. I know nothing is intentional but it still disappoints to have a hangout canceled or rescheduled. It’s happened several times over the past two months and I can’t help but feel like it’s put me in a funk. Friends and quality time are so important to me.
• Pressing On. Successful entrepreneurs often say their success came through persistence. They were the 10 percent who didn’t give up, when the other 90 percent did. That’s a lot to swallow. I feel the same about my blog. I’ve wanted to give up so many times but here I continue to write, sometimes receiving no comments and wondering if anyone is reading. This Twitter image is serving as my current inspiration.