Race recap? What did you say? Yes. So the husband was planning on running this race and I was going to spectate. That was until Friday night when we went to the gym and I told myself it was time to “Get my stuff together!” After a good strength-training workout there I told the husband I wanted to race-day register for the 5K. I ran the Anthony Wayne Rotary 5K.
Official Time: 29:57* (9:40 min/mile pace)
Overall: 60/90 (included walkers)
Age Group (20 to 29): 3/6 (Third place baby!)
- My first ever age group placing!
- I proved to myself I can in fact run, and run well. And I think I’ve removed myself from my funk.
- Course was nice. Through Shoaff Park in Fort Wayne. Would consider running it again.
- My size small race shirt actually fits.
- It rained the whole time. Not downpour. But misty rain so everyone was pretty wet by the end.
- Post-race fuel was “so-so.” Bananas and cookies.
- Despite attempts to hydrate better (I’ve been bad at this lately). I did cramp up a bit around the last mile. I pushed through, but I do think the cramping slowed me down a bit.
Anyways, I was really glad I took part in this race spur of the moment. Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I am a total planner. I always plan out races. This was fun to go on a whim. The race also benefited polio eradication. And it was a second-annual race here in Fort Wayne.
*My third-best 5K time to date.