What is holding you back from scheduling regular massage appointments? Perhaps it’s your busy schedule, cost or finding a convenient location. I was recently contacted by a representative from Massage Envy to try their services and write a Massage Envy review.
Through the course of my Massage Envy experience, I learned Massage Envy is a massage therapy franchise founded in 2002. Today Massage Envy has more than 1,000 locations in 49 states. At Massage Envy, the company strives to make massage therapy part of your self-care routine.
Massage Envy Review
What is Massage Envy?
The mission of Massage Envy is to make customized massages, facials and relaxing therapies available to everyone. Why is that important? Because massage therapy goes beyond relaxation and stress relief. It’s been proven to relieve headaches, treat physical conditions, improve flexibility, and even lower blood pressure. With so many healthy benefits, it’s important that massage is seen as more than a luxury. – source
I learned during my Massage Envy review that massages are available at Massage Envy in 60, 90 and 120-minute duration. If you opt to become a member of Massage Envy you pay a monthly fee for one massage per month. Additional massages are available for members to purchase at a reduced rate.
Because Massage Envy is a franchise, members can walk into any Massage Envy location and use their membership. Patrons can expect to see the “Tranquility Room” looking much the same at every location they visit. This room is a comfortable waiting room guests enter prior to their massage.
During my visit to the Massage Envy location in Avon, Ohio for a Massage Envy review, I received a 90-minute full body relaxation massage and a sugar foot therapy enhancement. The foot scrub was an add-on service at the end of my massage. Other enhanced therapies available from Massage Envy include AromaTherapy and Enhanced Muscle Therapy.
Prior to receiving the massage I filled out a worksheet about any aches and pains, my massage therapy history and my general wellness. Then I spoke one-on-one with my massage therapist about what to expect during the massage. It’s helpful to know how a therapist approaches massage and how an individual massage facility operates.
How Much Does Massage Envy Cost?
Enhanced therapies are $10 each. Massage pricing varies at Massage Envy, depending on the duration of your massage and your membership status. While Massage Envy caters mostly to those who have a monthly massage membership, anyone can go to Massage Envy and schedule a massage. Right now the introductory price for a one-hour massage at Massage Envy is $55. Massage Envy also offers facials and hot stone massage.
Massage Envy review:
- Overall I enjoyed the Massage Envy experience. My therapist asked me questions prior to the massage which was helpful. She also touched base once or twice during the massage, which I appreciated.
- During the consult I was told the “hands on” time for the massage would be 80-minutes. I liked knowing this as in the past I have had massages that seemed to end abruptly. The therapist also told me our start and stop time which gave me peace of mind that my visit was not being cut short.
- The massage tables are heated which I found comforting even thought it was a warm August day outside. One area that could be improved is space for guests to place belongings. I had to place jewelry and hair clips in my bag as there was no table or tray for such items, only a small “cube.”
- I enjoyed the foot scrub but found it to be rather short in duration so I’m not positive I would opt for that Enhanced Therapy during a future visit. I was picturing it more like a foot scrub you receive during a pedicure. But this was more a gentle, quick scrub – nothing that would remove a callous.
- I received a small cup of water following the massage. A bottle of water for the road would be great.
Following my Massage Envy review, I would recommend Massage Envy to others looking to save money on regular massage therapy. If you do book massages at least once a month, a membership at Massage Envy could save you a little bit of money over the course of a year. Massage Envy is also open during the evening and on weekends, providing quick and easy scheduling.
Disclosure: I am not compensated for reviews, unless otherwise stated. I was given a 90-minute relaxation massage and a sugar foot scrub in exchange for writing a Massage Envy review. All opinions and thoughts here are my own.