How do you buy for the person who is able to find a deal on everything? They are the person who refuses to pay full price, the person who hits the brakes when they see a sale and is never without a handful of coupons – they are the extreme couponer. While their couponing skills may not reach the level as seen on the hit TLC show Extreme Couponing, this friend or loved one probably likes watching! Today I’m sharing gift ideas for extreme couponers.
This list will help you find that perfect gift. The items on this gift list are items the extreme couponer either will need or want – and many of these items are things they wouldn’t think of buying for themselves – which makes the gift even more valuable. It’s a little intimidating to buy a gift for the savvy shopper.
Gift Ideas for Extreme Couponers
Where Do Extreme Couponers Get Coupons?
They already know the ropes when it comes to shopping the sales, price matching and finding the best coupons – your gift will help make their job a little easier, give them a laugh or put a smile on their face.
These gift ideas for extreme couponers will bring a smile just a little bit is larger than the one they get when they use coupons for savings!
My Couponing Story
I wrote about how I started couponing back in early 2015. Almost three years later there is no letting up! Although, on a few occasions, I have had to hold myself back from purchases.
I started using coupons after attending a coupon class at my local library taught by Rachel of the Couponing with Rachel blog. The class reignited my interest in saving money on items I buy every month.
Today I use coupons mostly for toiletries and other non-food items. I’ve made a few mistakes along the way, and I’ve also learned what tools and resources can make this couponing job easier. That’s where some of these gifts come in.
9 Gift Ideas for Extreme Couponers
1) A Savings-Focused Magazine Subscription: Magazine subscriptions are a great way to give a gift that continues to give year-round. Every month or two a new issue will arrive in the mailbox. For the coupon fanatic, a magazine such as Consumer Reports is a good bet.
Not only will this publication explain the best products to buy, but also includes ratings and options to select products based on price. Other ideas include: Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and Money magazine.
2) Expandable Coupon Organizer with Dividers: This machine-washable fabric coupon organizer is the bomb! I bought one for myself a few years ago and it remains in great shape. It has a snap so you can attach it to your shopping cart handle, if you please.
Also it comes with dividers and labels and has a nice velcro closure. I have the black one, but they come in many colors and are the perfect way to organize coupons on the go. If you are looking for a coupon binder instead, check out the Keep Calm and Coupon On binder!
3) Forged Steel Scissors for Cutting Coupons: These are high-quality scissors for coupon fanatics. I have a pair that I saved from my grandmother’s house. They are the same kind of scissors she used to cut coupons.
The blades are forged steel and stay sharp for a very long time. The scissors are large and allow quick and efficient cuts to paper. The Fiskars brand also comes with a lifetime warranty. Believe me, these are the scissors for the extreme couponer in your life!
4) Entertainment Coupon Book: Anyone who loves to shop using coupons also values saving money in their everyday life, from eating out, to going to the movies, attractions and saving on routine services such as car repairs and tailoring. The Entertainment Coupon Book is the perfect solution to save in all of those areas.
The books are available for different cities so the specials apply to the same area where recipient lives. Not only are Entertainment Coupon Books a great gift, but they are also very affordable. When you make the purchase, don’t forget to use Rakuten to save more. Just this month I saw a Rakuten offer for 35 percent cash back on the books!
The ornament is made of lightweight white porcelain and is one item the extreme couponer will probably not buy for themselves because they are too busy figuring out where do extreme couponers get coupons.
6) Local Newspaper Subscription: Newspapers are not dead, in fact, they are thriving among the couponer crowd. That Sunday paper comes loaded with coupons and savings! It’s best to purchase a subscription to the newspaper closest to where the recipient lives – as the coupons are regional.
Sometimes more than one paper may be available for delivery, too. If the couponer already has a subscription, you can offer to pay to extend their subscription. Check out the Sunday subscription deals for the best coupons. This is one way extreme couponers get coupons.7) Reusable Shopping Bags: Washable shopping bags not only promote sustainability and green-living, they are also often more durable and roomier than plastic or paper grocery bags.
Some bags also provide built-in insulation to help keep perishable items cool on the ride home. You might opt to buy a high-quality insulated set for the coupon lover – or for fun – buy this crazy coupon lady tote – perfect for quick shopping trips!
8) Computer Paper: You might think I’m joking but I’m not! Many coupon lovers print their coupons online today. That requires office paper. Buy the extreme couponer in your life a ream of office paper – or an entire case of office paper – to help fuel their coupon passion. This can make for a fun gag gift – but an item they will actually use.
9) Extreme Coupon Shirt: This “I Pay With Coupons” shirt is way too cool. The wearer will not only be able to show off their love of couponing but they also will give a hint to the cashier before they check out! This shirt comes in five different colors and sizes from kids, to womens to male 3XL, meaning it will fit anyone on your extreme couponer gift list.
Gift Ideas for Extreme Couponers
Buying a gift for the extreme couponer in your life does not need to be intimidating! This list will help you with gift ideas for extreme couponers.
Even the person who loves a great sale or to get an item for free, will appreciate a thoughtful gift – and in particular – a gift that supports one of their biggest passions – saving money!