So I have a little confession. I’ve been keeping a secret. I started a whole new fitness plan last week Monday! I’m coming clean now. I realized I needed to confess after I was invited not once, but twice, this week to workout with others and realized that the said workouts did not match up with my new plan. Hence, chaos ensues. I kinda freaked out and bailed. I didn’t want to mess with my new plan: Body for Life.
Body for Life
The Body-for-LIFE plan is not just about losing weight. It’s a diet and fitness plan. For some people it is about losing the weight. But for others it’s about toning up, reducing your body fat, building muscle and being healthy.
It’s a 12-week plan initially. That’s short folks! 12 weeks. Like “Get me ready for summer short!” Here’s the lowdown on how it’s impacting my diet and workouts:
What’s already Body-for-LIFE approved…
• My eats are already doing really well. Emphasize fruit and veggies. Reduce or eliminate processed foods. Choose “source” whole grains over “processed” whole grains. That means choose rice over pasta.
• Snacks are allowed in moderation. You also get one free day per week to kinda do what you want. Want some wine? Go for it. Just don’t drink the whole bottle.
• I already work out consistently, which is a great foundation.
What I’ve been changing…
• Drinking more h20. The plan calls for 11 to 12 glasses per day. Wow. I have hit the mark about half the time. I’m really trying to pump up my intake.
• The workout is basically three days cardio, three days strength-training and one day rest per week. The big change for me is strength-training, as I have never truly committed to this. Straight up, I lifted weights for 60-minutes Tuesday night. Holler! The weight room is my new BFF.
• Sticking to my workouts. No slacking or extra rest days on this plan.
Nutrition Based Diet Plan
So obviously there is a whole book to follow. I’m just giving the quick rundown. I read the book for women. I’m not sure how much it differs from the original Body-for-LIFE book which was unisex. I heard about Body-for-LIFE from Janetha. She is the same petite height as me. Can we say inspiration? She has some great before and after pics posted on her blog. I’m too modest over here to post anything. So far I’ve been feeling really good! I’ll let you know how this goes for me.