I decided to set 2012 goals. Each year I try to set health and wellness goals, including running goals and share them on my blog. I first did this in 2010 and try to do it ever year. Then I check in at the end of the year on how the goals panned out and share my results along with information from each month of my year.
I invite you to read my goals and be inspired to write your own goals and also share them publicly, either on your social media channels or your blog if you are a blogger. Without further adieu here are my 2012 goals.
These are my health and fitness goals for 2012 goals:
• Continue “barefoot” running in minimalist shoes, on average one to two runs per week.
• Attend a yoga class or practice at home weekly to maintain flexibility and reduce risk of injury.
• Squelch my IT band pain permanently through strength-training and foam roller use.
• Run a 5K in less than 28:00, by incorporating more speed work training.
• Run a half-marathon in under 2:30, by incorporating a higher weekly mileage base.
• Sign up for a summer CSA and continue trying more vegetables.
These are my 2012 goals. I set goals each year for health and fitness and share them publicly for accountability. At the end of each year I check in again on how the goals went. I have been setting goals on my blog since 2010.
I hope reading these goals helps to inspire and encourage you. Maybe you will write your own goals and make them public or keep them private and check in on how you are doing later in the year.