I have a confession. I finally learned/figured out podcasts. In 2013.
I’m not sure what took me so long but it’s sort of like RSS feeds. I remember distinctly one of my colleagues at my college newspaper telling me about RSS feeds back in like 2005 and how awesome they were. I totally ignored the guy until 2010. In the past I’ve been slow to adapt to technology but at least I’m recognizing where I fall short and making steps to catch up!
Today I wanted to share what podcasts I’m listening to. Hopefully you can add to the list and maybe find some new entertainment for yourself! I plan to revisit this topic again as I pick up new “stations.”
For the Bloggers
- Dollars and Roses – This podcast is put on by the husband and wife blogging team of Jeff and Mandy Rose. They are open about how they make money from blogging their passions. In this podcast they interview other established bloggers and share tips on how they found success.
- Blogging Your Passion – These episodes are very short so if you only have 10 or 15 minutes, Blogging Your Passion is a great listen. Tips here range from how to utilize SEO, how to engage readers and offer content of value to help others.
For the Thrifty
- The Dave Ramsey Show – I’ve been listening to this show for the past three or four years, on and off. Depending on my work schedule sometimes I would listen for the full three hours through Dave’s website. Other times I went months without listening. But I’m hooked again. The podcast is about 40-minutes and includes highlights from Dave’s daily radio show. Dave Ramsey advocates living debt-free, building wealth and sharing with others.
For the Entrepreneurs
- The Freelance Radio Show – This podcast is for freelancers and solo-entrepreneurs across a variety of fields. Episodes feature a panel-style format with tips and tricks from established freelancers.
- The EntreLeadership Podcast – This podcast was inspired by Dave Ramsey (see above). Episodes feature a guest speaker talking about anything from their latest inspirational book to challenges they have faced professionally.
For the Newsies