Today I’m covering my favorite iPhone apps for listening. Listening is a big part of my work day whenever I’m not on the phone or focused so intensely on something that I need silence. Later on I’ll share apps I use for blogging, business, reading and more. I’m not sure what your phone looks like but on mine I have organized my apps by how I use them. Missed part 1 of this series? Here’s a link to my favorite shopping apps.
iPhone Apps for Listening
- Podcasts – The first of several apps that come on the iPhone out of the box. I use the Podcasts app nearly every day. I have written before about some of my favorite podcasts. I really enjoying listening to those on personal finance, business and self-improvement.
- Pandora – Pandora is my “go to” music app. I understand there is a listening limit. I have never hit that so I must not use terribly much. I enjoy how it creates custom channels based on an artist I select. I can give selections a thumbs up or a thumbs down and the app will remember not to play the songs I don’t like.
- – This is simply the app on the phone that can be used to access any music you have stored on the phone.
- – Similar to above, easy access to any music or iTunes purchases housed on your phone.
- Yoga Studio – I received this app from one of those free download cards at Starbucks. It offers audio-based yoga practice.
- TuneIn Radio – Tune in Radio, along with the app listed below, is an easy way to listen to your favorite radio stations via your phone. This helps me stay in touch with the real airwaves even when I’m not in my vehicle.
- iHeartRadio – IHeartRadio functions the same as the above app, and has different station selections.
- Coffitivity – This app simulates the noise of a coffee shop. It’s helpful when you don’t want silence but also do not want to hear distracting lyrics or talking.
What am I missing? Please share your favorite iPhone apps for listening in the comments.