When we adopted Lulu I read several books about the characteristics of the Lhasa Apso breed. They live longer than many dogs – up to 20 years – they are loyal, protective and… stubborn. Today, a little more than a year since her adoption, I know what those authors were talking about!
I can’t believe how stubborn and moody Lulu can be, even though she is an adult dog and fully grown. You would think she would settle in and things would be pretty routine. Nope. Instead she constantly tries to find ways to push the boundaries.
Her latest schtick is throwing her food out of her bowl (when she eats… more on that in a second). This has earned her the nickname “little piglet.” I thought I should share some of her other antics. They seem to change on a weekly or monthly basis. I never know what is next.
Is Your Pet Stubborn? Mine is.
- Tossing her food. She used to simply eat out of the bowl. Now she needs to toss – then pick it up and eat.
- Refusing her food. After being on the same family of kibble for a year and loving it, she’s suddenly become incredibly picky. I took her drama to Facebook and received a few suggestions that I plan to try out.
- Jumping on furniture. A few months back we went through a bout where she was trying to get on our futon any chance she had. This was after she had been successfully (or so I thought) trained her not to jump on furniture.
- Hating her bed. Remember that video I posted? Yeah… now she will do anything she can to avoid going to bed when we tell her. What a strange dog!
- Hating her antler. And what about her loving her natural chew? She won’t even touch it anymore.
Is your pet stubborn? Does he or she have any strange or changing habits?