After I posted earlier this week, I became adamant about taking my daily multivitamin again.
I don’t know if the vitamin is really working, if it’s a placebo, or mind games — but I am feeling so much better already! I ran 4 miles Tuesday and 3 miles Wednesday. My only setback was accidentally slamming my left knee cap into my desk Wednesday. I hope it will be OK during Saturday’s 10-miler.
With my running mojo making a return, I’m feeling even more excited about running the Rite Aid Cleveland Half-Marathon in less than a month. In conjunction with the event staff, I compiled some top reasons for runners and spectators to look forward to this big event.
Highlights of the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon (Half-Marathon, 10K and 5K)
• Large Scale Race. With an estimated 20,000 folks at this year’s race festivities, people-watching will be an event in itself. I love distracting myself during a race by seeing signs people have painted, crazy race outfits and cheer sections.
• Seeing Cleveland. There’s no tour like one through the streets of Cleveland on foot! And for runners on the course through Tremont and Ohio city — from what I’m told these areas are usually extra full of spectators!
• Crowd Support. Get some support from a group of canines up for adoption from the Cleveland Animal Protective League — also near the Tremont area of the course. There will also be special cheer section in the Playhouse Square area.
• Course Entertainment. In total along the full marathon course there will be close to 30 entertainment stations, including 19 acts and half a dozen DJs. Why bring a mp3 player when the best of Cleveland entertainment will be right there?
• Running Celebrities. American marathon running legend Joan Benoit Samuelson will be a part of this year’s race weekend festivities — including a public appearance at the Saturday expo.
What am I missing? What’s the best part about running Cleveland?
*Read my 2012 Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon Blogger disclosure here.