This week is full of celebration for Lulu, our Lhasa Apso mix. She turns 3-years-old and it’s also the 1-year anniversary of her adoption from the Cleveland Animal Protective League (APL). In some ways our first year with her has gone by fast, especially when I look at all these posts and photos of her. But in other ways it’s been a slow adjustment that had its challenges — from housebreaking to her allergy issues.
Most importantly though, Lulu seems very at home with us and it’s already hard to imagine life before her. Here are some of my favorite Lulu posts from the past year:
- Meet Lulu – Her first introduction on the blog.
- Adopting from the Cleveland APL – Details on our adoption experience.
- Lulu Likes to Chew (with videos!)
- I Never Wanted a Dog – How I went from disliking canines to loving our furry family member.
- Lulu’s One Night of Freedom – The story of the night Lulu broke free…
- Hot Dog, Summer in the City – Feedback on our at home grooming experience.
And of course, I have to include our fitness experience!
- Race Recap: Run Puritas 5K (2013) – Our first 5K together.
Happy birthday Lulu!