My goals for 2013 are:
- PR at any distance. In an attempt to put less pressure on myself and not get so specific with numbers I’d really just like to see a PR in 2013. Maybe at the 5K, maybe at a 10-Miler or maybe even a half, if I do another one. Just one PR please!!
- Challenge my fitness comfort zone. There are a number of new fitness programs and classes out there I have yet to try including Bikram Yoga, Pure Barre (opening in Westlake, OH in 2013!) and even attending a real spin studio. When it comes to my standbys (yoga and running), I want to take more diverse types of yoga and try different running regimens, maybe even sprints, anything to spice up what can otherwise sometimes seem mundane when done the same way over and over.
- Refresh others. A great sermon at church inspired this goal and really helped put into words what this goal is. Smile more. Be happy. Love others. Refresh others. Whether it’s opening a door for a stranger, or sending a homemade card to a close friend to let them know I’m thinking of them, I want to spend more time on others in 2013.
- Begin homesteading. I am hoping 2013 will be the year I start a small garden. And I still have yet to try canning, but really want to. I also have non-food related aspirations too, such as making my own laundry detergent.
- Blog improvement. I have an endless list of ideas for what I want to do with this blog, from areas such as design, SEO, an improved email subscription, mobile view and more. I love the learning aspect of blogging but finding time to learn how to do all of these “techy” things is hard for me. I want to see this blog continue to grow and improve, along with the quality of the user experience for readers.
Do you set personal goals each year? Why or why not?