I realize I haven’t been blogging much lately, but I did want to do my annual roundup of top posts throughout the year. It’s always fun for me to look at my blog statistics and also to rediscover posts I previously wrote and sometimes forgot about.
Oddly, these most popular posts were all written right at the beginning of 2014. I was focusing a lot of SEO at the time and also on providing helpful DIY content. I think readers continue to view these posts today, as a result. I provided a short update on each “project” next to each link. Enjoy!
Top Five Posts of 2014
- DIY Sourdough Starter Day by Day: My starter is still alive and I use it to bake sourdough bread on a weekly basis! It’s become a Sunday tradition for me. I haven’t bought a loaf of store-bought bread in almost a year now.
- How to Make Homemade Mineral Veil Face Powder: I still make and use this powder as well.
- The Time My Dog Ate Bread Dough: Fortunately, Lulu hasn’t gotten into the dough again since this incident. Lesson learned and I hope others learn from my mistake as well!
- Using Jojoba Oil as Face Moisturizer: Still my favorite! This moisturizer is also extremely light.
- How to Make Homemade Shampoo and Conditioner: This post has been pinned 227 times to date, which might be a record although I’m not positive. I have been shampoo-free for 14+ months. I love how much money I’ve saved by making my own “shampoo” and “conditioner” and I’m still able to style my hair just like normal.