Since my last post I’ve hit all my scheduled workouts. I ran a 6-miler and an 8-miler, with a little bit of walking, but a lot of success. I’m going through with the Cleveland 10-Miler race with the mindset that I probably will be walking at least some of the miles. I hope I don’t end up in dead last, but I’ve been there before so it can’t really get any worse! As far as last-minute prep, outside of the workouts I already covered, here’s what’s going on:
Final Training Update: Cleveland 10-Miler
- This week’s workouts: one more yoga class, one more 4-Mile run, a light bike ride and then a full rest day.
- My new Asics black running shoes arrived last week after my 8-Miler. I’m already breaking them in.
- I bought a couple of GU packets. Espresso Love is my favorite flavor for pre-race and mid-race fueling.
- The forecast is looking good so far at 52-degrees and sunny.
- I’ll make sure all my favorite race clothes are washed and accessories are at the ready Friday night.
- I’ll also be carbo-loading Friday and hydrating like mad Friday into Saturday morning.
- I am foam rolling it out out several times this week.
I’m feeling good about this. Really the biggest hurdle at this point are going to be my grumpy IT-band which tends to rear its ugly head on long runs… and my mindset. It really takes some positive thinking with being OK with coming in dead last. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but you never know. As long as I’m moving forward on the race course I’ll call that progress!